Friday, December 18, 2009

A little of this and a little of that....

Howdy everyone!  We'll its almost time to welcome our peanut into the world and I must say that Steve and I are so excited.  As I write this we have 14 hours to go!  Its been quite a journey to get this far.  I've been truly blessed with this pregnancy, feeling better than ever!  Now, let's hope I loose the weight quickly :)  LOL 
As the Christmas holiday's quickly approach, we just wanted to share with you a few things that have been happening, other than having a baby !  We've been busy preparing our precious Zoe for peanuts arrival.  With lots of love and walks, I think she will transition well.  As you can see in the pictures below, she is one spoiled dog.  We are looking forward to see how Zoe and peanut interact when he/she gets older. 

On Thanksgiving this year, I was in charge of our Annual American Women's Club of Perth Thanksgiving dinner.  Don't ask me why I would take on such a task when I was due to deliver one week after the event, but I did.  We held the dinner at a local yacht club and 175 guests induldged on all American style foods.  The turkey was delicious and thanks to 13 cans of Frenches Fried Onions, 10 cans of canned pumpkin and 8 bags of marshmellows imported from good old USA, we were really able to enjoy those family favorites... green bean cassserole, pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole!  YUM!  The event was a success, but boy am I glad its done.  I'm so happy I got to enjoy the food this year, as last year I got out of the hospital on Thanksgiving from having my appendix taken out!  We all remember that one... go to hospital with migrane, walk out without my appendix.  Geez....

Steve and I enjoyed our last weekend before the baby comes with one on one time.  We saw a movie, went to dinner and decorated for the holiday.  We wanted to cut our own tree down this year, but the tree farms here just didn't seem to cut it and the prices were just insane, so thank you Smith family for allowing us to borrow one of their spare trees.  It was just perfect.  We've really started a collection of ornaments from all the places we've been, and good thing they aren't made from paper or wood, or we probably would have lost them to the mold we 'caught' in KL.  We've also added our Aussie flare to the tree and it looks great.  Only thing missing...my precious bubble lights.  But, that will come next year!!!!

Well, that's all for now... Stay tuned and be sure to check back soon b/c I'm SURE we will have lots of picures of peanut!   I can't wait for the doctor to finish this statement, " It's a....._________" 




Love,
Stephanie, Steve, 'Peanut' and Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment