Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas and Boxing Day 2009

Ho...ho...ho!  Greetings from Down-Under!  I've attached a few pics of Kyle and his first Christmas!  We had a quiet day here in Perth, we stayed here at the house and enjoyed a day of relaxation.  Kyle woke us up at 7am,  so we had 'breaky', gave Kyle a bath then opened presents.  Santa was good to us this year, he left us a beautiful baby boy :) LOL  Steve got a new camera (as you can see with all the pics he's been sending out, a bit of a papparazzi), I got a new watch, and Kyle got collector Aussie coins and clothes.  We were able to skype with the grandparents (who loved seeing our peanut for the first time) and baked cookies for the holidays.  Instead of making the traditional turkey dinner, we opted for steaks on the grill.  I attempted to make the Waggoner famous stuffing, but as Steve said, " all that was missing was that the stuffing wasn't stuffed in a turkey"  Guess that's important to the recipe! I'll have to keep that in mind for next year! 



The following day is "Boxing Day", and to celebrate we invited our friends Rob and Claire over to the house for a bbq.  Both Rob and Steve attended BBQ school a while back, so they decided to try grilling a 6 kilo ham. (I believe its called, 'pickling')  It was delicious!  We enjoyed a fun-filled day of great company and food.  However, Kyle decided to sleep ALL day... and when we went to go to bed at 1:00am, Kyle decided to wake up and stay awake until 4:30 only to doze off until his 5:15 feeding time.  Today, I'm exhausted and in need of a nap.  But... dad beat me to the punch.  I keep telling myself, it will get easier!  I wouldn't change anything, our precious Kyle is a blessing from God and still can't believe he is here and that Steve and I are parents!

We hope all of you had a fantastic Christmas!  Wishing you all the best...
Love,
Steve, Stephanie, Kyle and Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment