Friday, December 18, 2009

Kyle Matthew Waggoner has arrived!

On December 4th at 8:36am our little bundle of joy arrived.  We'd like to welcome, Kyle Matthew Waggoner to the world.  We have been truly blessed to have him arrive safely and healthy. 

At two weeks old today, the proud parents are EXHAUSTED!  I know...many of you are saying, "I told you so!", but you just don't believe it until you live it.  Mom and Kyle were in the hospital for one week after under going a c-section.  I have to be honest, the c-section was nothing like I had imagined.  I didn't have much pain and was off all pain meds by day two.  The worst part of the whole delivery was the epideral.  They had to try 3 different times before it was successful.  I was told by the doctor that I was the most difficult case of the year.  Thanks.... but why am I not surprised!  I must admit, I was definately stir crazy and wanted to be home, but on the day of discharge, our little one was tested for jonduas and had to be placed under the lights for 24 hours.  After his stint in the Nic Unit, we were able to take him home. 

 Its definately been a whirlwind since being home.  Steve has been absolutely awesome.  We both have to admit that nights are definately the hardest.  Kyle has his nights and days mixed up, so he's only sleeping about an hour to an hour and a half between feedings.  With feeding every 3 hours, that doesn't leave mom much time to sleep.  But, it takes time.  Steve goes back to work next week, so I'm really going to focus on getting Kyle on a flexible routine with feeding/playing/napping.  I'll keep you posted... I might be living in a dream world, but if this helps get me one step closer to Kyle sleeping longer at night and one step closer to sleeping through the night....I'll try anything :)  Saying this...he is only 2 weeks old and I know I need to be patient.



Its hard to believe that next week is already Christmas.  As a Christmas gift to ourselves, we had a photographer come to the house to take some pics of Kyle.  Stay tuned as she puts some finishing touches on them, we'll post some of them for you all to view.  I've seen some of her work and she does a fantastic job.  I can't wait to see what kind of photos she took!  We are looking forward to sharing this holiday with Kyle.  Steve and I are planning on baking cookies and spending time with some friends during the holiday.  With the Smith family gone to the USA, we celebrated Christmas with them early.  We wish them a fantastic trip home and only hope they enjoy the joys of home (ex. Chick-a-filet, Pappasitos, etc. LOL)  We decided to try and plan a few events to keep us busy so that fatigue doesn't rule the roost!  We are planning on going to see 'A Christmas Carol' movie with Jim Carey at the outdoor cinema on the 23rd (let's hope we don't fall asleep :), spending time at Claire and Robs on Christmas Eve, family time on Christmas, and Steve is going to show off his mad grilling skills on Boxing Day. We hope that all of you enjoy your holiday with family and friends.  All the best and know that we'll be thinking of you all during this time!

Love,
Steve, Stephanie, Kyle and Zoe

1 comment:

  1. He's SO cute!!! I hope you get some rest soon! Maybe you should fly me there so I can babysit for you guys! : )

    ReplyDelete